Study requirement.

To rent a student apartment you are required to achieve at least 15 credit points or the equivalent at Chalmers University of Technology or Göteborg University each semester. We therefore also conduct a survey of study records each semester.

A survey of study records means that we check if you have achieved at least 15 credit points (or equivalent) the last term.

During the study control we have a higher load than normal so it may be some time before you get a response

Checking credit points

SGS does not normally have access to Ladok, but when we implement the study check we receive data on approved results from the universities. (if you have achieved at least 15 points).

Manual checking of credit points

If your credit points are not reported to Ladok, or if the Ladok statement shows that you have not achieved enough credit points (at least 15 points), we will check your credit points manually. This applies even if you lack the Swedish civic registration number (personnummer) in our records.

Doctoral studies

The study clause for doctoral students implies that the student pursues doctoral studies with a study activity fo at least 50% and that the studies follow an individual study programme.

SGS does not have access to Ladok and do not receive any results for doctoral students. We therefore ask you to send us a certificate from your university with statements about the activity grade and individual study plan. We would also like to know how long the studies are estimated to continue. 

Application for exemption

If you have not achieved 15 credit points during the semester we ask for, please send us a written application. Here you can download Application for exemption.

This form should only be submitted if you have received a letter/mail from us where we ask for your results.
You send it to

The certificates you attach must include your name, social security number and shall relate to the period of time that we request.

You may apply for exemption if you have studied elsewhere, if you have cancelled the ongoing training to learn another subject, or if you have other valid reasons.

If you are unable to pursue studies due to illness or social reasons, you may be granted exemption for a certain period. Send us a brief summary of the reasons and a registration certificate for the current semester from the university. If you are prescribed sick leave, attach a doctor’s certificate covering the period we ask for.

If you do not meet the study conditions for tenancy

Those who can not meet the study clause in the rental contract will be given notice of termination by SGS. The period of notice is three calendar months when the landlord gives the tenant notice.

SGS 2020